minal modi and Lalit Modi got married in 1991 and remained together until Meenal’s unfortunate demise due to cancer in 2018.
Lalit Modi’s former wife minal modi – 5 facts about her, who passed away from cancer
Lalit Modi and minal modi had two children together.
Ever since Lalit Modi announced his “new beginning” with Bollywood actress Sushmita Sen, this news has heated up the internet. The former Chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL) made this announcement with joyful pictures of himself and Sushmita Sen on the set, causing a buzz on social media. He wrote, “Back in London after an exciting global tour of the Maldives.” and made no mention of his partner Sushmita Sen. Finally, a new start, a new life. Marriage is not the definition of love.”
But did you know that Lalit Modi was previously married to minal modi? This couple tied the knot in 1991 and remained together until Minal’s unfortunate passing in 2018. She was 63 years old.
Here are five facts about minal modi :
- minal modi was approximately 10 years older than Lalit Modi.
- They had two children, Aliya Modi and Ruchir Modi.
- It is said that Sushmita Sen knew minal modi personally. According to a report by The Times of India, the three of them often watched IPL matches together.
- Before her marriage to Lalit Modi, minal modi was married to Saudi Arabian businessman Jak Sangani. She had spent seven months in jail due to her involvement in a scandal. According to a report by The Bangalore Mirror, she was pregnant with her first child at that time.
- minal modi’s friendship was with Lalit Modi’s mother due to the age gap, and the family initially wasn’t prepared for marriage. Lalit Modi’s mother, Bina, also felt that she had been deceived by him. A family friend told the Bangalore Mirror, “Lalit threatened that if the marriage proposal was not accepted, he would create a scandal. The Modi family had no other options.