G20 Summit Update: Global leaders gathered at Mahatma Gandhi’s memorial in Delhi before heading to India’s pavilion at the Progress Field on Sunday, the second day of the G20 Summit. Among those arriving for this solemn tribute were Bangladesh’s Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, World Bank President Ajay Banga, and many other leaders and representatives. Despite inclement weather, Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed the guests and paid his respects to Mahatma Gandhi by offering floral tributes.
On Sunday, the Regional Meteorological Centre in Delhi predicted light to moderate rain with thunderstorms in and around Delhi. Before commencing the programs for the second day at the India Pavilion, it is planned that all delegation heads will visit Rajghat.
Glimpse of G20 Leaders at Rajghat:
- 8:15 AM to 9 AM: Leaders and delegation heads will arrive at Rajghat in separate processions.
- 9 AM to 9:20 AM: Leaders will offer floral tributes at Mahatma Gandhi’s memorial, followed by a live performance of his favorite devotional songs.
- 9:20 AM: Leaders and delegation heads will proceed to the India Pavilion’s Leaders Lounge.
- 9:40 AM to 10:15 AM: Arrival of leaders and delegation heads at the India Pavilion.
- 10:15 AM to 10:30 AM: Tree plantation ceremony at South Plaza of the India Pavilion.
- 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM: The third session of the Summit, titled ‘One Future,’ will take place at the venue, followed by the adoption of the declaration of New Delhi’s leaders.
After participating in the two-day G20 Summit for world leaders in the national capital, several heads of state, including U.S. President Joe Biden and UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, are scheduled to depart from Delhi on Sunday.
On Monday, seven G20 leaders, including Brazil, the African Union (represented by Comoros), Nigeria, the European Union, and Mauritius, will leave Delhi. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, who is also on a three-day political visit to India, will depart on Monday