How to send disappearing messages in Google Messages
Ever wish you could send a secret message that vanishes like smoke after being read?Well, Google Messages offers just the magic trick with its disappearing messages feature. Here’s how to activate disappearing messages in Google Messages:
Open a conversation:
- Launch the Google Messages app and tap on the conversation where you want to send a disappearing message.
Tap the “+” icon:
- In the bottom left corner of the chat screen, locate the “+” icon and tap on it.
Select “Turn on disappearing messages:
- From the options that appear, choose “Turn on disappearing messages.”
Choose your message lifespan:
- Select how long you want the message to remain visible before disappearing:
Compose and send your message:
- Type your message as usual.
- Tap the “Send” button.
Watch it vanish:
- The message will appear normally in the chat, but both you and the recipient will see a timer indicating when it will disappear.
- Once the time expires, the message will automatically vanish from both devices, leaving no trace (unless someone took a screenshot).
- To turn off disappearing messages for a conversation, simply follow the same steps and select “Turn off disappearing messages.”
- You can also set disappearing messages as the default for all new conversations by going to Settings > General > Disappearing messages.